Things We Couldn't Change By Allison Berry

 Engaging, Passionate, Spicy

🌶
Genres: Contemporary Fiction/Passionate/Adult Themes
'Things They Couldn't Change' by Author Allison Berry
Karley is running from a dark time in her life. She has relocated from her small home town in Iowa, still rife with rumours and speculation five years on, and is now a somewhat reluctant resident in the much larger city of Chicago. She swore herself off any kind of romantic involvement with another man, the night of the incident that dramatically changed her life and the way she felt about herself. She hasn't known who she can trust. But, could a chance encounter with a tall, dark handsome stranger with brown falcon eyes, be about to change her mind, and of all the people in that large city, who could have predicted that Karley would meet someone with whom she has the cruelest of connections?
I was intrigued by the cover & title of Allison Berry's latest novel, and having read the first book of her 'Diary Of My Heart' Series, I was curious to see how this one would differ in genre and writing style. From how the book is presented I was surprised that it was so sexually orientated. I was expecting a Romance but not as racy (spicy) as it turned out to be. NOT that I'm complaining!!🤭
The simple nature of the 'ice-cream eating, bicycle riding' first date and the knowledge that Karley is hesitant about letting herself become vulnerable to the charms of another man, suggest that this will be a slow burning relationship, although the kiss in the elevator might have suggested otherwise! However, despite Karley's misgivings, things most certainly move at quite some pace!
The twist towards the conclusion wasn't one that I had suspected, thinking that it involved a different character. It was very cleverly devised and came as a surprise. I normally see these things coming, but not this time.
I adored Karley's sweet befriending of Stan and Jared's warm and playful demeanour. They were two of my favour characters, probably because they were the two with the best voices in my head. I also really envied Karley's job!
I would like to thank the Author, not only for a very enjoyable read, but also for teaching me a little about Chicago; I now know what the 'Bean' is, and would love to see it in person. I can see why it excited Karley......and also, the 'L'. I look forward to reading more from Alison.
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'THINGS COULDN'T CHANGE WE a ALLISON ALLISON BERRY BERRY'
See insights and ads
All reactions:
Author Allison Berry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One Plus One By Jojo Moyes

The Last Letter To Your Lover By Jojo Moyes

The Curious Heart Of Ailsa Rae By Stephanie Butland