Witchfyre and Faery Song

 Enchanting, Fanciful, Charming

Genre: Romance/Fantasy
Witch Fyre 🧙‍♀️ 🔥 and Faery Song 🧚‍♀️ 🎵 by Author - Maighread MacKay
Everloure has unwittingly displeased the King, and, seeking revenge, he decrees that all of her kind must be banished. So, when she conjures up an incantation to transport her elsewhere, and inadvertently transports her entire Island overseas, including a number of it's inhabitants, evoking the fury of one individual, that develops into a long standing feud.....one that is to last for centuries.
This was the first read in an entirely new genre for me. I have never before ventured into the realms of Fantasy within literature. I have always found it challenging to comprehend characters in any narrative, be it in film, television, or in a book, that don't exist in the real world. Both Fantasy and Sci-Fi have always been a stretch for me. However as I've found myself watching Sci-Fi within the last few years, I thought it was about time I gave Fantasy a chance. I have read several of this Author's novels and found her to be a very competent, talented writer. She writes her Fantasy within the dual-genre narrative, imagined characters, but set on earth, therefore easing me in very gently to this new (to me), book category. 📖
Having read two books with Gritty realism at their core prior to reading this whimsical tale, it was a breath of fresh air and really lifted my spirits. It was a pleasure to read, with well written and entertaining characters with lively and witty dialogue between them throughout. The interaction was fun to imagine, along with the appearances of the protaganists. Maeve and Bronwyn in particular, two feisty females, who were both fiercely protective of their families, and frequently came to blows due to their pasts. These passages were amongst my favourite, as I loved to play out the humorous confrontations in my head as I read. The two mortals, tourists, were also interesting characters, proving to be a great catalyst for more clashes between the Faery Queen and the High Priestess of the Witches. The sassiness of all these delightful characters came across immaculately in the writing, providing the reader with content that is a joy to read. 👑 🔮
This is such a beautiful enchanting tale, and was a wonderful discovery. Thank you to Maighread for giving me the opportunity to locate the child within and exercise my brain to a capacity it possibly hasn't been before. I continue to support her in her wonderful work. 💜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One Plus One By Jojo Moyes

The Last Letter To Your Lover By Jojo Moyes

The Curious Heart Of Ailsa Rae By Stephanie Butland