A Mind Beyond Words by Jez Kerzen

  Insightful, Fascinating, Thought Provoking

Genre: Autobiographical/Spiritual
A Mind Beyond Words by Jes Kerzen 🗣
I’ve had ‘A Mind Beyond Words’ on my ‘to be read’ pile many more months than I should have really, purely because I was worried about it being too complex for me and not understanding parts of it and looking a bit daft. However, having made five pages of notes of things in the book that I wanted to recall, both for this review and on a personal level, and also discuss with others, (I have talked about this book with my partner quite a bit) I’m now irritated that I didn’t have the confidence to read it sooner. However, I’m still not entirely confident that I have the ability to write a competent review….
I found Asher’s ‘knowledge’ of what happens before we are born; that the course of our lives are pre-determined, and that the people who play a part in our existence are also pre-established within energy, rather than a place, interesting because, coincidentally, this is a concept that has been used by more than one Author whose books I have read over the last eighteen months. I assume that they have of course done their own research, and this is to in no way undermine the information put across in this book. Situations in our lives are also to some degree pre-determined, but when and where these will take place and play out is not. I found this idea fascinating and quite comforting that it isn’t all just left to fate, and although humans living past lives have been talked about for centuries, it seems even more intriguing in this case. Plus, the question, pertaining to an alternative outcome, had these two people not met, gives way to thought and possibility.
I think above all, what gave me confidence throughout this book was that Jes appeared to be coming at it in layman’s terms so as not to make the reader feel that her and Ash were immediately ‘equal’ in their understanding of Asher’s experiences, and she also seemed to embrace and acknowledge that her situation with her student was out of the ordinary. The way that Jes has championed Asher both as her student when he was small and as he has got older is extremely heart-warming and says a lot about her as a teacher and a human being. I am of course in awe of Asher after reading about his extraordinary capabilities, but I am also astonished at how much work Jes has dedicated over so many years working with Asher to explore and uncover the capacity for his aptitude and propensity to the spiritual world, and his own brand of articulation.
The intention that we have a chosen person, who we are meant to find to assist us if we are pre-determined to face difficult times, was a wonderful one. I guess for me, that person would have been my mother until she passed when I was 21, and in a sense, I was old enough to look after myself for the most part, plus I still had my Dad and although I too have my challenges, we got by, but she was never really replaced for me. For Asher, Jes coming into his life at such an early age, gave him a safety net for the future. The closure to these past events that Jes is later to help him with, aligned in such an incredible way.
The other chapter that I was particularly gripped by was the last chapter ‘Life…Death…Carnations’. I have always had an interest in the after-life, and since reading many books in recent months, also the idea of what happens to us prior to birth, which had never occurred to me previously. In this chapter Jess and Asher discuss how those who have passed feel about still staying in contact with the living and the ways in which this can be achieved. They talk about the options open to the ‘Spirit Self’ to visit past lives and return to earth in some way if they feel that something that they were destined to achieve (a contract) has not been fulfilled; also, the feeling of freedom that one who has passed must feel, in comparison to Asher visiting the realms, but still being connected to his human form, knowing that he must return to it.
They explore the difference between Neuro-divergence, which encompasses many conditions, but with a focus on Autism being the ‘gift’ that has allowed Asher to progress his natural abilities in the way he has, making the distinction between coping mechanisms and everyday ability of a Neuro-diverse person to one who is Neuro-typical. Communication in the conventional way, presents a challenge for a Neuro-divergent individual as they struggle with elements of conversation such as pitch and tone, hence why telepathy could be the preferred option, plus the brain waves that tend to be consistent with these two types of individuals. Not being at all adept at anything remotely science related and although I particularly learnt a lot from this part of the book, the Podcast was a great tool in helping to understand the intracacies.
There are many other parts to Jess and Asher’s compelling journey that I don’t feel able to impart well enough and wouldn’t want to spoil it for you. Coming at this from the perspective of a person who has unequivocally never been one to even really entertain the idea of such phenomenal revelations, this has both opened my eyes to such possibilities, help put some things into perspective and provided on some level, a feeling of peace that wasn’t there previously.
May be an image of text
See insights and ads
All reactions:
Sophia Moseley Writer, Sue Pritchard - Writer and 11 others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One Plus One By Jojo Moyes

The Last Letter To Your Lover By Jojo Moyes

The Curious Heart Of Ailsa Rae By Stephanie Butland